12” Pilot Machine
Designed for development work and low-volume production, the pilot machine carries all the technology of our full-size production machines at an entry level for capital cost.
- Sophisticated creel for accurate tension control
- Upper and lower knife coaters (Filmers) for on-line resin application
- Fiber spreading with proprietary WAECO technology
- Compaction rolls with Nip or S-Wrap thread-up modes
- Adhesive laminator available
- Multiple unwinds/rewinds for poly liners, resin application, and paper winding
- Capable of fabric Prepreg and scrim laminating
- On-line slitting available
- Prepreg heating and cooling plates
- Sophisticated cantilevered winders for large diameter winding
- Litzler Automation Control System
- AFW range: 10-1,000 GSM
- UD and fabric capabilities
- Sporting goods to Aerospace quality Prepregs
Production machines are the world standard for high quality Prepreg manufacturing. Machines are available up to 60 inches wide.
Litzler/WAECO recommends the unique S-Wrap technology for all customers. All machines are capable of Nip configuration and S-Wrap configuration. The S-Wrap configuration gives the manufacturer the ability to increase production speeds up to 100 fpm and increase overall quality.
The Litzler high-speed line has two configurations, aerospace style and industrial/sporting goods style.
- Aerospace quality relies on large diameter compaction rolls to maximize uniformity across the Prepreg sheet – typically at least 18” in diameter
- Sporting goods/industrial products can save capital costs and utililize smaller diameter compaction rolls (typically 14”) for standard grades of Prepreg
Speeds up to 100 fpm are possible with the S-wrap configuration versus approximately 30 fpm with the nip-style. Dual dimensions are also available.
- Creels with multiple levels of tension control
- Tow spreading with multiple smooth bars and available with oscillation for special fibers
- Tow heating and cooling plates
- Multiple unwinds and rewinds for pre-cast film, liners, scrims, and woven fabrics
- Compaction stations and rubber pull nip stands
- Gap setting can be manual or automated
- Slitting stations with automated trim removal
- On-line coaters available
- Winders with large diameter winding mandrels
- Up to six position turret winders for high speed machines
- Litzler Automation control systems with PLC and touch screen control with remote monitoring
- Carbon Fiber, Fiberglass, Aramid Fibers
- Thermoset and Thermoplastic applications
- Unidirectional and woven Prepregs
- Woven fiber impregnation without weave distortion
- Ballastic, sporting goods and aerospace applications
- Resin and adhesive coating systems
- Fiber creels: 10-1500 positions